Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Wibbly, Wobbly, Timey, Wimey...

I have finally gotten myself back into the shop for a little more work on this seemingly never ending thigh piece I've been working on since well... it's been close to a year an a half.  We're still no where near done yet.  This session was merely the outlining of the next addition to this piece to make it complete.  This thigh piece is truly a hodgepodge of a bunch of things I love.  Without further adieu - I'll merge into the description of the latest addition (but I'm sure many of you already know what it is by the title).


April 12, 2014 - Authentic Ink Tattoo (Omaha, NE)
_________________________________________________________________

* Location: Middle of right thigh

* Tattoo: TARDIS flying through space (outlining)

Story: Well, I had a friend that absolutely loved Doctor Who.  The ironic thing was that I had tried to start watching Doctor Who, but couldn't get into right away.  When I finally really sat down to watch it, I fell in love with it - with the Doctor and his companions.  I know it's silly to bond with fictional characters, but I loved the personalities of the Doctor and the connections he formed with his companions.  Everything was always so witty and exciting.  Anyway - when I was trying to think of what to add to this ever expanding thigh piece, the TARDIS called out to me.  What better than to have the TARDIS flying through space colliding with everything else?!  Exactly!  It was perfect.  Well, to me anyway.  Unfortunately the TARDIS part doesn't have a huge meaning like everything else, but it still symbolizes something for me.  I have a friend, a very close friend, that I talk to about Doctor Who and we are both huge fans.  We have both laughed and we have both cried watching this show.  To me, Doctor Who is something to bond over with a good friend, and the TARDIS will take you there.  When I finally got my boyfriend to give it a try (hey, he's living in the freaking UK; he had to watch it), he loved it too.  Well, maybe "love" is a strong word to use for his affinity towards Doctor Who, but he still really likes it, and it's something we watch together.  He has a lot of catching up to do, though!

So, what you see here is merely the outlining of the TARDIS and some of the bursts that will turn into the TARDIS flying through space - You know, like in the intro of the show *nods* You know what I'm talking about.  It doesn't look like much now, but it will.  There was quite a bit of time put into the outline of the TARDIS and he used a special needle to accomplish the fine lines for this detail.  I think that by having it at an angle like that on the curve of my thigh gives it the illusion of flying though space even more, which I love.  I'm very excited to see how everything starts to blend together.

The next session will start the coloring of the TARDIS and making it look more like space.  I'm sure that one will have a lengthy healing process.  This one doesn't feel so bad, but I will tell you, getting inked that close to your lady parts is both painful and....well, not so painful ;)

Until next time!  Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment