Friday, November 18, 2016

TARDIS Take Three!

This is the third session on this TARDIS in the middle of my thigh.  There will undoubtedly be at least four to five more.  I only say that because I know there is a ton more work to be done, and I'm sure that I'll only do an hour to two hours at a time for monetary reasons.  I have so many other tattoo ideas that I'm eager to get started on, but the rational person inside of me tells me that I have to wait until my thigh is finished before I can begin another project, unless it's a small tattoo that will be finished in on session (more on that later).  There's still the Phoenix on the back of my thigh that needs to be addressed, as well.  The thigh will be under construction for quite some time, I'm sure, unless someone gifts me lots of tattoo time.  I doubt that will be happening!


April 8, 2016 - Authentic Ink (Omaha, NE )
_____________________________________________________________________________

  • Location: Inner right thigh
  • Tattoo:  TARDIS

My last session on my TARDIS was a year and a half ago.  I wasn't even sure what we'd be working on when I went into this session.  Authentic Ink just so happened to have had another Living Social deal, so of course I had to jump on it.  The last session ended quite swollen (due large in part to my being hungover).  That I expected, but what I didn't expect was the minor infection that followed.  It wasn't horrible, mind you, but it was bad enough.  If you've never had an infection from a tattoo, you're lucky, and hope you never do.  It's incredibly painful, no matter how minor.  There were a few spots where the color was minimal, or non-existent.  Still, not bad.  When I told Spike it had been infected, he was surprised and said it was the best a tattoo had looked after an infection that he'd seen.  So I had that going for me.  

I'm sure you can guess that since I had the infection and some missing color, he went to work on going over the color in the TARDIS again.  I had hoped to get to see some of the "space" part of the tattoo get done, but it was necessary to go over the TARDIS again.  This was one of the more awkward tattoo sessions, and one of the more painful, I must say.  I did fine for the majority of the time until we were nearing the end.  Spike asked if I wanted to take a break, and of course I said I could finish.  He asked if I was sure.  I told him it did hurt a bit, and he said it was swollen as fuck, so he bet it did.  Eventually we decided that I should take a break.  He sprayed some numbing spray and placed some plastic wrap over it for about 10 minutes.

Displaying Snapchat-233655612212729412.jpg



It was quite irritated, to say the least.  The rest of the session went quite smoothly.  I hardly felt a thing.  That numbing spray really helps if you're having issues during tattooing.  When he was finally finished and I stood up... Damn.  I'm not sure I can even impress upon you all how incredibly swollen my leg was.  It didn't even look like my leg.  Even Spike had to exclaim how freaking swollen my leg was.


Displaying 20160517_210316.jpg

I'd say that when all was said and done and it was healed it looked damn good, though.  I'm more than eager to get back into the shop and get to work on what goes around the TARDIS very soon though.  There has been a floating TARDIS in the middle of my thigh for far too long.  It's time it gets some Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey going on!!

Until then, Cheers.



No comments:

Post a Comment